Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Get Ready For the Weekend Recipe

Also new on my blog, recipes!! One thing I love about Glen's Markets online ad is that under sale items they have recipes ideas. So every Wednesday or Thursday I'm going to post a "Get Ready For The Weekend" recipe. I may use one from the Glens online ad, or maybe something I make at home for my family.


This week its Grilled Slow Cooker Ribs 



Ingredients:
4 lbs. pork spare ribs
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons liquid smoke
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup cola beverage
1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce

Directions:
Preheat slow cooker. Coat with cooking spray. Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker; pour cola over all. Cover and cook 8-9 hours. Remove ribs and discard liquid. Preheat grill. Brush ribs with barbecue sauce and grill, covered, for about 15 minutes.

You can find this recipe HERE

No comments: